no one comments, so let me write about sports…
i am angry the Yankees resigned A-Rod. As a baseball fan, i was hoping he would ahve screwed himself over and would have to set for $200 million. Not that that is chump change, i was just hoping, even after his big season he’d have to take a paycut. Why the Yanks gave him that much money i don’t understand… no one else was going to pay him – which is why he came back to the yankees… he doesn’t care about winning… it’s all about the Benjamins…
As a Yankee fan, i wish they would used their money better. Instead of 27.5 mil on A Rod, they could have spent less than half of that on Mike Lowell – personally, i think the World Series MVP is more important than regular season mvp. Seriously, Lowell plays better defense- which helps you win by the way- and the yankees problem isn’t hitting anyway. Lowell might not hit as many homers as A Rod, but in that lineup, he probably would have a similar amount of rbis and runs scored – which i think the most important categories anyway. Then they could have used that extra money to sign a top-notch reliever – like say Scott Linebrink, and made the big trade for Johan Santana.
The Yanks have the pieces to trade for Santana, a good young centerfielder in Melky Cabrera, a 3b who couldn’t replace A-Rod, but the type of player the would do well with the Twins in Wilson Betemeit, and they could throw in Mike Mussina and pay 85% of his contract (i mean if they saved 10 mil on ARod especially) along with a couple more minor leaguers – i think the twins may have takent he deal. Mussina is still a decent pitcher, and a pitcher who could mentor the Twins other young pitchers.
Five reasons the twins should trade Johan Santana? 1. Francisco Liriano 2. Matt Garza 3. Scott Baker 4. Kevin Slowey 5. Boof Bonser. They are all going to be great pitchers, they are all young & inexpensive. Santana is young still, but will cost a lot of money and bring in some really good players.
Rumors are flying the twins will trade Garza to the D-Rays for Delmon Young. What a trade! Years from now this could go down as one of the biggest blockbusters ever. Garza looks like a Cy Young winner, and Young looks like a perennial all-star, and an mvp with the right team. How someone could trade a player so young and talented is unbelievable, but it may be the right trade for both teams. The twins, as mentioned above have a surplus of good pitchers, and the D-Rays have too many talented outfielders. Even if BJ Upton can stay at 2b, and Johnny Gomes plays dh, with a healthy Rocco Badelli, which may never happen, they have 3 guys who can play any of the OF positions and bat anywhere in the lineup from 1-5 in Rocco, Carl Crawford and Elijah Dukes…
Why write so much about baseball when it is the offseason? It’s the most exciting time! I mean, i am excited about the nfl draft right now!
Of course, that has more to do with how exciting the college football season turned out. The BCS got it wrong with ranking Missouri #1 – clearly they should be #2 , because they are going to lose next week to Oklahoma- and #2’s always lose… oh wait, #1’s lose too… oh, and how is VaTech ranked higher than LSU- who killed them, and BC who beat them? And how did they rank Kansas #2, but they won’t let Hawaii be in the top ten? I think both teams suck, but hey Hawaii is undefeated, which is more than you can say about anyone else… and let’s face, there are no great conferences…
So, on to my rankings…
- WV 2 they weren’t ranked #2 in the BCS, so no curse, convincing win, this is why Rodriguez stayed
- Missouri 3 they already lost to OU once before, i see the #2 curse hitting one more time
- USC 7 2 losses, 8 points and one w/o their starting QB – may be best team in country, but won’t get a chance to prove it
- Georgia 4 Can a team who doesn’t win their conference, not even their division be considered a national title holder?
- LSU 1 2 triple OT losses, sucks but, i should probably rank them lower than this for blowing games
- OSU 8 let’s be honest, when it is all said and done, they will be national champs this year
- UF 10 they crushed their big rivals and 2 losses to top 5 teams, and 3 loss total by 19 points
- Hawaii 15 they’ve barely beaten bad teams, but hey a lot of teams have lost to bad teams- at the very least they deserve a BCS game
- BC 11 for some reason, they are the team that has to prove themselves in the ACC title game
- OU 12 they’ve beaten Missou already this season
- Illini(8-3) 16 losses by a total of 20 (including to #2 Missou) and impressive wins over OSU(#5) Wisc & PSU
- VaTech 14 the fact LSU crushed them is why LSU is ranked so high
- Cincy 20 quietly had a great season
- USF 22 their 3 straight losses by a total of 15- a season that could have been- but there is always next year!
- Kansas 9 they didn’t give up even after falling behind early
- ASU 6 i’m not sure who is the bigger pretender Kansas or ASU
- Tenn (7-3) 17 get a shot at LSU and the BCS next week
- Clemson (8-2) 21 pretty good season
- Oregon 5 What a sad ending for the Ducks, they seemed a lock for the championship game, now?
- Ark NR they started off slow, but have had some good games of late
- Texas 13 Is this team any good really?
- Wisc NR the big 10 isn’t that great, but honestly no conference is
- Aub 24 probably ranked way too high
- Virginia 18 yeah, not really that good
- UConn 19 There really were a lot of basketball powerhouses making noise this football season
College basketball season has started too. Maybe Purdue will be good again, i am really excited for the “Baby Boilers” as one of my friends calls them…
The nba season started too… but who cares?